How to submit alleged SB 1383 violation complaints.
Section 18995.3. Jurisdiction Investigation of Complaints of Alleged Violations of the SB 1383 regulations requires the establishment of a procedure for the receipt and investigation of written complaints of alleged violations of SB 1383 and the RWMA Mandatory Organic Waste Disposal Reduction Ordinance by any of the following entities:
- Organic Waste Generators
- Commercial Edible Food Generators (Tier One and Tier Two)
- Food Recovery Organizations and Food Recovery Services
- Haulers and Self-Haulers/Back-Haulers
- Facility Operators and Community Composting Operations
Complaints must be submitted in writing; may be submitted anonymously; and must include the following information:
(1) If the complaint is not anonymous, the name and contact information of the complainant.
(2) The identity of the alleged violator, if known.
(3) A description of the alleged violation including location(s) and all other relevant facts known to the complainant.
(4) Any relevant photographic or documentary evidence to support the allegations in the complaint.
(5) The identity of any witnesses, if known.
Complaints may be submitted on-line using the form below or by first class mail to:
Regional Waste Management Authority, 2100 B Street, Marysville, CA 95901